1. There are several essential stops in Jamanica for the Bob Marley pilgrim, but it is worth starting with the Bob Marley Museum in Kingston. This is the 19th century mansion where Marley once lived. Inside there are some great family photos and don’t forget to check out the bullet holes in a wall at the back of the house, reminders of a assassination attempt. 56 Hope Road, tel: 876 927 9152
2. Port Royal – there is only one fort left standing in what is now just a little fishing villag near Kingston. However more than 300 hundred years ago Port Royal was fashionable, weathly and decadent. All that is left today, is the salty history of Fort Charles, once a base to the likes of Horatio Nelson. Fort Charles is at 79 Duke Street.
3. Knutsford Boulevard, is a long strip of shops and banks during the day and become party central after dark. If you want to make it local, you should try out one of the “dancehall sessions” – a gritty, sexy ad hoc outdoor party with live bands, open fires cooking up lots of jerk chicken, pork and fish. The hottest nights are “Bember Thursdays”, on Upper Constant Spring Road, and “Passa Passa Wednesdays”, on Spanish Town Road.
4. The Nstional Gallery of Jamaica, the collection ranges from the Taino to the energetic contemportary Jamaican artists. (12 Ocean Boulevard).
5. Devon House, one of the oldest homes in Jamaica. Try the amazing ice cream sold at a little stand in the mansion grounds. Devon house is at 26 Hope Road.
What do you like to do?Where to Stay - Your tips on the places to stay, for families, for romantic breaks or somewhere out of the ordinary. Where to Eat - Your tips on the places to eat, traditional, romantic, for a celebration or somewhere unusual. Where to Go - Your tips on the sights that aren't covered in the guide books, somewhere new to explore and enjoy. The places you visit and take for granted. Where to Party - Your tips on the places to party, for birthdays, for singles or somewhere for a weekend break. Where to Chill - Your tips on places to chill, the best kept secrets in your city. After a long day of work, study or sight seeing where do you go to relax?
evf tag cloudAdvice Africa bags bars bellavista bonaire bucharest Carnivore carvings ceausescu chile cien city market devon house Dracula's grave eat evfn.com evf travel food frantic jamaica kingston knutsford boulevard Krakow kralendijk lac bay masks montreal mount royal nairobi New party port royal RDZA rincon romania san cristobal hill santiago santiago cathedral scarves seru largu slagbaai national park South Australia the mountain Trips